Chocolate and bananas. Bananas and chocolate.
There has never been a more beautiful combination. Sometimes we need this decadent concoction to pull us through those weeks where Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday all we are thinking is….”Is it Friday yet?”
This sinfully delicious breakfast bowl combines heart-healthy oatmeal with rich dark chocolate, creamy bananas, toasted almonds, vanilla, and sea salt.
Banana Chocolate Almond Oatmeal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/8 tsp ground sea salt
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T chia seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or other nondairy beverage)
- Begin by chopping and toasting the almonds. Toast in a toaster for 4-5 minutes or until they become a very light golden brown. Stir frequently to redistribute for even browning, checking on them every minute to make sure they are not burning! You can tell they’re done when they begin to release a toasted, nutty aroma.
- Cook the oats on the stove top according to the package.
- Mash the bananas.
- When the oats are almost done, stir in the chocolate, almond pieces, salt, vanilla, banana, cinnamon, nutmeg, chia seeds and coconut oil.
- Pour almond milk into the whole pot and stir. Add more if you desire a more runny consistency.
- Garnish with some raw almonds or chia seeds on top.