“Kid tested, mother approved.”
Well, these homemade puppy treats doggy approved…
Mmmmm….these cakey mouth watering snacks are made out of simple, whole, plant based ingredients.
You can make these cookies into any size your heart desires…Penny Lane happens to weigh a whopping 5 pounds so I made ultra tiny puppy biscuits.
*Que the Awwwwwww from the crowd*
Penny’s Peanut Butter Puppy Treats
- 1 1/2 cups flour (you can use whole wheat or all purpose, I have not experimented with gluten free flours in this recipe yet but for those of you with wheat-sensitive doggies, let me know how it turns out!)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- Heat up that oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the water, peanut butter, and olive oil in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the flour slowly, in 1/2 cup increments, mixing well in between.
- These ingredients will form a semi-crumbly, semi-sticky dough. Take the dough in your hands and form it into a ball as best you can.
- If you want to get fancy, you can roll the ball of dough out on a floured surface and using cookie cutters, cut them into cute shapes like hearts or doggy bones. As I have just moved, I lack cute cookie cutters and so I just formed mine into small round discs as pictured.
- Place cookies on a ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until just lightly browned on the top.
- Let treats cool before giving to your puppy.
*This recipe makes about 20 small treats*