Forget your Michael Kors handbag. Or your new Tory Burch flats.
The most perfect accessory to a party. Ever.
This recipe is so simple, you throw everything into a blender and you’re done. It’s perfect when you’re throwing a dinner party (or attending one) and the last thing on your mind is chopping and dicing and splicing and shredding and…you get the idea. You want to make something homemade, fresh, and delicious. But all you want to do is crack open that wine and mingle.
The struggle is so real.
I get it.
This salsa is all of the above without any of the arm work. Overall, it’s a chip’s best friend.
Quick and Easy Blender Salsa
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 10oz can tomatoes with green chiles (I used Rotel)
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- juice of one lime
- 1 avocado
- tortilla chips (duh).
- Peel and smash the garlic with a large knife. Chop the onion into a few pieces.
- Peel and then slice open the jalapeno, I only put in half the seeds but add more or less depending on how much spice you can handle! (Ps the seeds are where the spice comes from, so be careful with those little suckers….)
- Remove all stems from the cilantro, then add all of the ingredients to a food processor or a good blender. Blend! The pour into a bowl and add some corn tortilla chips.
- Chop up the avocado and add it right before you serve the salsa 🙂