The marriage of coconuts and dates is one party I would not throw away the invite for.
There is just destined to be a good time had by all.
Creamy coconut and sweet plump dates are whipped into tiny energy and nutrient rich snacks. They are the perfect fuel for a long weekend hike…and in addition, if you need something for that sweet tooth, these are your boys, blue.
If I were to make these sweet succulent babies again, I would use flaked instead of shredded coconut. It will mix in easier. You can sub in chocolate chips for cacao nibs and if you want to get all chocolate-wasted, add in a tablespoon of cocoa powder.
You can also roll these bites in cocoa powder for a fancy dusting. I love how these little balls of energy are easy enough to make in 10 minutes but look polished enough to bring to a part-ay. Pinkies up.
Coconut Date Energy Bites
makes about 10 energy bites, about 110 Calories per bite
- 1 cup dates, sliced and pitted
- 1 cup shredded or flaked coconut
- 2 T cocao nibs or chocolate chips
- shake of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- almonds (optional)
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and grind that junk up.
- Add more salt or vanilla if you deem it necessary.
- Shape into tiny balls, place an almond on top if you want it to look extra deluxe and put on a plate. Refrigerate or freeze for an hour and then enjoy. These babies keep nicely in the freezer for at least a week. I’m not sure how much longer after that though, seeing as how they didn’t last too long ’round these parts 😉