You know what beats happy hour out at a restaurant?
Happy hour in my kitchen.
Because it’s cheaper and I don’t have to wear pants.
I set out to make an all-natural tequila sunrise with a huge box of oranges I inherited from work the other day. I thought to myself, “Great, I’ll juice these, add some strawberries and tequila and YAY.” And then I could not locate the most essential piece to my juicer. How
weird typical. I figured all was lost but then I thought, well, what the hell…so I threw some peeled oranges, strawberries, a couple slices of fresh ginger (which was of a questionable age as it has been buried in my veggie drawer for quite some time now…), and tequila into my little Magic Bullet blender.
OH MY LAWDY. This is one of the most delicious and refreshing cocktails I have ever had.
Can you tell I had fun making these?
I definitely drank a whole one while photographing this recipe. It was Saturday. So sue me.
Actually, booooooze me…
Make this drink for your guests on a warm day, it’s like a slushy but naturally sweetened and with the added benefit of fresh ginger (which is a digestive aid) and alcohol (which is a new- friend-making/dating aid). Who knew. Plus the oranges and strawberries give you a double dose of immunity-boosting Vitamin C.
This cocktail is da bidness; the ginger adds an invigorating kick and balances out the sweetness of the oranges with the sharpness of the tequila. All I could say was, “Ole” as I fainted into tequila sunrise oblivion. Hope this brightens up your Monday!
Frozen All-Natural Tequila Sunrise
makes one drink
- 1 shot tequila (preferably not out of a plastic bottle…but hey we’ve all been there)
- 2 fresh ripe oranges
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries
- 2 slices fresh ginger
- 5-6 ice cubes
- First, mince up the ginger as finely as possible. Don’t worry about the peel, it’s all goin’ in the blender anyway.
- Peel the oranges.
- Take out a high powered blender…add the tequila first! Then throw in the oranges, strawberries (I left the little green tops on), ginger, and ice cubes.
- Give dat blender a whirl.
- Pour. Sit. Sip. Repeat. Yumzzzzz. Add cocktail umbrellas if the mood strikes.