When your Saturday night got a little rowdy and subsequently your Sunday morning feels a little rough around the edges,
…enter our friend, the Irish Coffee.
When you think you’re good enough on your board to shred the gnar down a double black diamond but you actually belong with the other small children tumbling down the bunny slopes and need something to ease the pain of your embarrassment,
….enter Irish Coffee.
Whenever you need a little bit more than a little bit of a pick me up on a rainy day,
…enter Irish Coffee.
Robust black coffee and smooth delicious whiskey…are there two better friends to share a morning with?
Don’t be so quick to answer, because although this dynamic duo is one we both know and love, things are about to get freak-ay.
Coffee, whiskey, meet Chai.
Indian Chai tea dates back to over 5,000 years ago (suck on that, Starbucks) and includes a variety of aromatic spices such as cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, allspice, and black peppercorns. A caffeinated beverage full of revitalizing antioxidants that are touted to be stress-reducing, chai is traditionally served with milk but we goin’ non-dairy over here and using almond milk, instead.
Chilly January Sunday mornings have never been this delicious. Or fun. Props to my mother, such a creative mama, for making this amazing chalkboard by hand. If you’re reading this, I sure do love ya.
Enjoy the slow morning, say good bye to a beautiful weekend, and greet the day ahead of you.
Makes one drink, ~170 calories
- 8 oz black coffee
- 4 oz chai tea…I used chai tea latte concentrate (just a blend of black chai tea, cane sugar, and spices) but feel free to brew your own strong cup of chai by steeping 2 bags of chai tea in 4 ounces of hot water
- 1 oz unsweetened almond milk
- 1 oz Irish whiskey
- cinnamon stick to garnish
- ground cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- optional: 1 tsp honey or agave nectar (I would add this if you’re using your own brewed tea or unsweetened almond milk, or if you just have a super strong sweet toooooof)
- Brew coffee. My French Press and I are BFF’s. Where mah snobby hipster friends at?
- Either add chai tea concentrate to the coffee or add in the brewed chai tea.
- Mix in the almond milk, whiskey, and swirl with a cinnamon stick. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Cheers to Sunday mornin’…in the best way possible.