St. Patrick’s Day is upon us, my friends.
Sooo, if you’re like, 1/16th Irish, can you skip work or school for the day? Does that sound totally legitimate to anyone else?
Because it’s officially finals week (AGAIN) and by Tuesday I’m expecting a 0% chance of a shower, sweat pants throughout the day, and absolutely no signs of giving AF.
What to do, what to do. Smoothie it up, my friends. Whip up a frosty green shake that will make you feel like the Irish Incredible Hulk. Healthy fats, fiber, and a hefty dose of vitamin K, vitamin C, and potassium…what’s not to drool over? This smoothie is sweet, creamy, and the fresh mint adds a refreshing and energizing green zing.
Avocado & Mint Shamrock Milkshake
Makes one shake, ~390 calories
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used cashew milk)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 3/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup frozen kale/spinach/collard greens
- 2-3 dates
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- To get the dates the right consistency, soak them in hot water for 10 minutes. Or the lazy way to go about things (big fan over here) is to immerse them in water and microwave those suckers for 30 seconds. Remove pits.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with chia seeds if desired. Can’t have too much chia, is what I always say. Actually I never really say that. But I’ll say it here. Now. K BAI.