There is little in life that cannot be solved by a bowl of pink ice cream.
And if there is,
I don’t want that kind of stress in my life.
Spring break (wow, saying that feels like I’m back in my boozy college frat-party-hopping days…) was awesome and simply not long enough. It was theeeee perfect combination of thrilling adventure, absolute fun, and lazy as hell relaxation. I backpacked through Joshua Tree, BBQ’d by the pool with friends, and cooked a bunch of shtuff with my Pops. Definitely not ready to be back yet, but still trying to hang on to the dream and ride the leisure wave a little bit longer.
This ice cream is decadent, pretty, and despite it being a sweet frozen treat, is actually very good for you. After all, it has only three completely natural ingredients and is totally sugar free.
Even if you’re not in the midst of Spring Break and are currently pouring a 4th cup of coffee while struggling to get dressed without putting your underwear on backwards, consider making this frozen yummy this weekend to unwind.
Close your eyes and imagine yourself being fanned by an enormous palm leaf.
We can all pretend, right?
Pink Lemonade Sorbet
Makes 2 servings
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries or raspberries
- 1 whole lemon
- coconut shreds (optional)
- Place banana and berries in a food processor or high speed blender. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze all the juice in and blend up. Make sure to pick out any seeds that fall in. Easy, no?
- Throw some shredded coconut on top if desired.
- If you want to be fancy wit it, you can scoop out the insides of the lemon flesh and serve the ice cream in a little lemon bowl.