You’ve got 3 days on the clock.
And no Christmas present in sight. You are literally the worst.
Santa wants nothing to do with you and is probably wrapping up your lump of coal as I type.
Enduring the lines at the mall sounds about as appealing to you as shoving a Christmas tree where the sun don’t shine.
You begin to sweat. Profusely.
BUT WAIT. What if there was an incredibly easy DIY gift that is obviously the best kind of gift because you can eat it? ENTER: Homemade nut butter. So easy, a caveman could do it. …..If cavemen had food processors. And also refined and exquisite artisan taste.
Grab some mason jars and let’s do this.
Homemade Nut Butter
- nuts of choice (I like cashew, almond, hazelnut, and DUH, peanut)
- sprinkle of sea salt
- cinnamon and/or unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- If you want a deeper and more flavor, roast them nuts. Depending on which nut you’re using, the roast time will differ. Find a good guide here and remember to check on them VERY frequently so they donut burn.
- Load up your nuts in the food processor. *Insert immature joke ______ here*
3. Add in some salt and cinnamon/cocoa powder (if using) and turn on high. Your nut butter will start to look a lil something like THIS:
4. Keep it going, until you reach the desired consistency…which is very smooth and creamy. Like-a-DIS (the whole process will take no longer than 7-10 minutes):
5. Taste it and add more salt, if necessary. Scoop into cute little jars, you crafty bitch you.