I can’t lie.
I, too…am in love with the coco.
These vanilla bloob macaroons made with shredded coconut are keeping me sane while I grind through the last few weeks of my Masters program. You may think that it might take more than a few cookies that look sorta like unicorn poops to accomplish that, but that’s how magical these sweet lil babies are.
They literally take 5 minutes of hands-on time to whip up, they’re absolutely mouthwatering delicious, and also they’re like, really pretty. Their vibrant color comes from using frozen, thawed blueberries instead of fresh ones. The color concentrates and deepens as it gets blended up, dying the stark white coconut a bright purple-blue.
Plus, if you consider yourself the type of lad or lass who burns water, lucky for you… these are no-bake balls- no oven required. And absolutely zero chance of burning the house down and blaming it on the dog.
These are full of healthy fats from the coconut and loaded with antioxidants from the bloobs. With a kiss of fresh vanilla, velvety dark chocolate that firms up when it cools for a crunchy bite, and sea salt, these macaroons are my new sweet snack go-to.
No Bake Vanilla Blueberry Macaroons
Makes ~2 dozen
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed (don’t use fresh!)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil (microwave for 30 secs to melt)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 whole vanilla bean (or you can use 3 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract *NOTE: If using vanilla extract, increase oats to 1 1/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sprinkles, for garnish (optional)
- Place oats in a food processor and grind until a flour-like consistency is reached.
- Add coconut, thawed blueberries, honey, melted coco oil, sea salt, and vanilla. Process until smooth. Place mixture in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator, roll into small lil’ balls, and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Right before pulling out the macaroons from the freezer, place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove, and stir. Continue microwaving in 15-20 second intervals, stirring in between each interval, until chocolate chips are completely melted. When melted, whisk in a pinch of cinnamon.
- Roll each macaroon ball in the dark chocolate mixture, sprinkle on sprinkles (if using) and eattttt. Freeze the excess, if there is any. Haaaaa wink, wink.
*Omit chocolate coating + sprinkles if you wish to make these refined sugar free 🙂