Slow Mornings are the best mornings.
I’m totally okay with being unable to do much more than languidly open one eyelid at a time.
Slow sunrises are top notch in my book because they give me some time to deeply breathe in the crisp morning air, reflect on yesterday’s affairs, and mull over the current day’s happenings. Recently, I’ve been intentionally waking up half an hour earlier (yep, guys, purposefully getting out of bed sooner…can you believe it?) just to carve out some extra morning me time.
I would be a big fat liar if I said I always use the time productively. I normally just sip my coffee, scroll through my Instagram feed, and lazily play fetch from my chair with my dog. But it feels so damn delicious. When I’m feeling a tad bit more ambitious, I’ll whip up something tasty for breakfast. Something yummy, bright, and nourishing that I know will carry me through until those lunchtime tummy grumbles finally get the best of me.
This Lemon, Mint, & Turmeric Chia Pudding consistently itches that scratch- it’s refreshing in the same way as a quick dip in the ocean might be…minus the seaweed stuck in your hair and sand in crevices it shouldn’t be.
Every ingredient in this fresh, vibrant pudding gives every cell in your bod a nourishing nutrient-dense little hug. That’s because chia seeds are an excellent source of fiber (a whopping 5 grams in just one tablespoon!), lemons are rich in immunity-bolstering vitamin C, turmeric is a known inflammation-fighting ninja, and fresh mint is excellent for aiding in digestion. This recipe takes literally 2 minutes to come together, then you just have to chill it for a bit, and BAM. DONE-SKEEZ.
Enjoy your day, babies.
Makes: 2 servings
- Juice from 2 large lemons
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cups unsweetened original Califia almond milk
- 6-8 dates, pitted (or 3-4 tablespoons Grade B maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- Blend lemon juice, lemon zest, almond milk, dates (or maple syrup), turmeric, sea salt, and mint leaves in a blender until well combined and smooth.
- Pour in chia seeds and stir with a spoon until distributed. Chill in refrigerator overnight or for at least 2 hours. Stir once after an hour to redistribute chia seeds, if necessary.